After all the holiday indulgences – eating all those things we normally don’t eat – and being super busy and getting less sleep than usual through the holiday season, I shared some tips for how to look and feel good into the new year today on Fox2 News.
Look Well-Rested and Radiant. First I recommended some easy cheats to look well-rested and radiant with makeup.
1. Choose makeup that doubles as skin care to keep skin looking and feeling supple despite the winter cold. I recommend:
- Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm – an innovative new product that seals in the benefits of the skincare you apply for ongoing hydration, hydrates the skin and primes skin for flawless makeup application ($36, josiemarancosmetics.com)
- Josie Maran Matchmaker Serum Foundation – this amazing foundation evens out skin and brightens the complexion, giving a dewy, luminescent glow that looks very natural. It’s also good for the skin, made with 100% pure argan oil to hydrate and balance skin ($42)
- Josie Maran Creamy Concealer – This ultra-hydrating concealer is infused with argan oil. It’s super blendable and erases dark undereye circles without caking or creasing($20)
2. Choose makeup that adds radiance. I recommend:
- Josie Maran Luminizer – It mimics the look of healthy skin. It also hydrates skin with argan oil. Mix it with any foundation or moisturizer to give skin a glow that looks lit from within ($26)
- Josie Maran Luminizing Powder Veil – Don’t dull your skin by topping it with matte powder. Opt for a light-reflecting powder that looks natural and gives you a lit-from-within glow like Powder Veil, a hydrating powder that won’t dry out skin or cake. It has micro-fine multi-color pearl to illuminate skin ($30)
Beauty From the Inside Out. Next I shared some tips to help you look beautiful from the inside out, because what we put in our bodies is reflected in our largest organ – our skin.
1. Load up on antioxidants, which protect skin from damaging free radicals from things like the sun and pollution. Antioxidants can help skin repair itself and prevent damage. I recommend The Organic Pharmacy Beauty Drops – a unique liquid that you can add to your existing skin care to give it a boost or you can add it to a glass of water to energize and hydrate skin with ginseng, gotu kola and bilberry ($99, theorganicpharmacy.com).
2. Bridge the nutrition gap with good supplements. I recommend Aminocare Daily Health Packets for Women. Each packet includes supplements with multivitamins for women, omega fatty acids, bone support and CoQ10 for optimal female wellness. And having them in single-day packets makes it easy to take your supplements wherever and whenever ($85, aminocare.com)
3. Promote a healthy digestive system with preobiotics and probiotics, especially if you get sick and take antiobiotics this winter. I recommend Aminocare G.I. Revive. It has offers a variety of prebiotics and probiotics as well as a mix of enzymes.
4. Herbs to reduce stress. A smile is beautiful; and it’s easier to smile when we’re feeling calm. I recommend Aminocare Balance, which promotes a sense of inner calm when you’re feeling stressed and strained with a blend of Asian roots like dong quai and ginseng ($75)
5. Heal skin with collagen. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. It provides strength and structure to skin and plays a role in replacing dead skin cells. Collagen production declines as we age, which leads to wrinkles, thinner hair and brittle nails. You can add collagen to your diet with products like Neocell Derma Matrix Collagen Skin Complex, which contains BioActive NeoCell Collagen, has no flavor and can be added to juice and smoothies (studies found that 62% of users experienced softer, firmer skin, $25, available at health and natural product stores) and Neocell Beauty Infusion, which includes NeoCell Collagen, hyaluronic acid, biotin, alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C. It also adds a fruity flavor if you’d like to add some flavor to your water ($35, neocell.com).
6. Hydrate skin with ceramides. Ceramides are another important part of keeping skin firm and supple. As we age, ceramide production declines; and skin begins to sag and wrinkle. Studies have shown that ceramides, taken as a food supplement, can significantly improve skin moisture levels so I recommend NeoCell Glow Matrix, which contains ceramides as well as hyaluronic acid and coconut water powder. Studies found Glow Matrix reduced the signs of aging within 15 days, increasing skin smoothness, moisture and elasticity ($30).