Monthly and seasonal subscription boxes are all the rage. I’ve been researching them and discovered there are way more out there than I realized so today on Fox 2 News I talked about the best beauty and wellness subscriptions you probably don’t know about. Below are the video of my interview and more details on what I recommended.
Spring break is coming up for many schools. Lots of folks will be traveling for spring vacation so today I shared some tips and must-haves for spring travel. Below are details on what I shared.
Travel-Friendly Beauty Products. Get organized with a makeup planner, multi-tasking makeup and brushes that are ready for travel.
Trish McEvoy The Makeup of a Confident Woman Makeup Planner – A huge collection of 12-full size makeup items and a travel-size fragrance in a surprisingly compact planner plus four deluxe travel sizes of essential skin care from internationally renowned makeup artist Trish McEvoy ($250, trishmcevoy.com). The collection includes:
- A black quilted Trish Makeup Planner with a limited edition “confident” zipper pull
- Eye Base Essentials Bare (upper-eye brightener and shadow primer)
- Intense Gel Eye Liner Deep Aubergine (waterproof gel liner in pencil form)
- 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner Rose Quartz (luminous lasting cream-to-powder pen)
- Eye Shadow Light Ginger (silky, medium-toned crease contouring shade)
- Eye Definer Blackberry Granite (richly pigmented powder eye liner)
- High Volume Mascara (smear-proofer that removes with warm water)
- Instant Eye Lift® (the “Triangle of Light®” treatment under-eye brightener and line filler)
- Light & Lift Face Color Duo (next-generation warming and highlighting textures for contouring a lit-from-within face)
- Blush Pink Glow (silky pinky-peach radiance for a warm glow), Translucent Finishing Powder (colorless blurring and setting powder)
- Lip Perfector Conditioning Balm (moisturizing line filler and self-adjusting pink tint)
- Ultra-Wear Lip Gloss Berry (hydrating, luminous, stay-in-place gloss)
- purse-size No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Eau de Parfum and deluxe travel sizes of Gentle Cleansing Wash (vitamin-enriched eye and face cleanser)
- Beta Hydroxy Pads Daily Exfoliator (3 single-use pads that dissolve dead cells to improve skin’s radiance, texture and treatment absorption)
- Beauty Booster® Oil (the #OilForAll that instantly delivers a radiant look and the feel of young skin)
- Beauty Booster® Cream SPF 30 (radiance-restoring enriched moisturizer, primer and sunscreen)
- and a pencil sharpener
Spring is just around the corner and new spring beauty products are available now! Today I shared my top picks for what’s new in beauty for Spring 2017 on Fox 2 News. Click here to see the video. And read on below to see more details on what I recommended today.
Good Skin. One of the coolest introductions for spring that will help you get a stunning skin is the new Clarisonic Smart Profile Uplift ($349, includes: Clarisonic Smart Profile Device, Firming Massage Head, Revitalizing Cleanse Brush Head, Turbo Massage Body Brush Head, 1 oz Refreshing Gel Facial Cleanser, USB Charger and Wall Plug; available at clarisonic.com).
More than a decade ago, Clarisonic invented the sonic cleansing category with its device that has become a beauty must-have. Now Clarisonic introduces a unique, patented, non-invasive sonic frequency that firms skin. It has Clarisonic’s smart microchip technology embedded in the smart brush heads, enabling the device to automatically operate at the optimal cleansing or firming frequency. It targets 15 signs of aging, including firmness, sagging, wrinkles, fine lines and radiance.
It works in three steps:
- Step 1: Cleanse (one minute) with the new Revitalizing Cleanse Brush Head that gently cleanses and removes makeup and dirt six times better than hands alone.
- Step 2: Firm (three minutes) with the Firming Massage Head and your favorite anti-aging creams, serums and oils. It produces 27,000 micro-firming massages in three minutes and is patented to work with Clarisonic’s firming frequency to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and boost absorption of skin care products. Testing found using this with skin care is up to twice as effective than using skin care alone. Skin felt firmer and more moisturized. Elasticity was improved. Face and neck appeared lifted and contours more defined based on 12 weeks of use.
- Step 3: Body (three minutes) with the Turbo Massage Body Brush Head that’s perfect for smoothing extra dry, dull skin on elbows, knees and feet. It’s also ideal to prep skin for self-tanner.
Clarins Spring 2017 Colour Collection
Inspired by skincare, under the color in this collection lies natural plant extracts to care for your skin. The collection includes:
4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette and Ombre Iridescente: Six shades of gray for Spring 2017 with new shades 08 Silver White and 10 Silver Grey in Clarins long-wear, easy-to-blend, creme-to-powder Ombré Iridescente shadows ($25 each) and the new 05 Smoky Palette 4 Couleurs – a smoothing, long-lasting, wet & dry shadow palette with four satin, matte and iridescent shadows ($43 at Clarins counters nationwide and on www.clarins.com).
Joli Rouge Brillant: Joli Rouge Brilliant is one of my favorite lipsticks in the whole world so I’m thrilled they have new shades in their Spring 2017 Collection. These are so creamy, silky smooth and moisturizing with mango oil and organic marsh samphire extract. The color is sheer and pearlescent with a beautiful, subtle shine. 31 Tender Nude is my favorite. For a more vivid Lip, go with the new 32 Pink Cranberry or 33 Soft Plum ($28 each).
Face Contouring Palette: Contour, sculpt and highlight your face with the new Clarins Palette Contour Visage in the Spring 2017 Collection. It comes with a great beveled brush that hugs the contours of the face making it super easy to contour the face. This palette includes a highlighter, contouring powder and blush to accentuate cheekbones. I like that the colors are matte so they look really natural — not super shimmery. The powders are long-lasting and formulated with organic almond oil and Clarins anti-pollution complex to protect skin ($42). [Read more…]
You deserve the best on Valentine’s Day and every day. Whether you have a hot date on Valentine’s Day or a fun time planned for Galentine’s Day with your besties, today I talked about beauty treats you can gift yourself to look and feel amazing on Fox 2 News – because, beauty, you deserve to be lavished and pampered every day of the year! Here are the video and more details on everything I recommended.
Start with Beautiful Skin
Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Be sure to exfoliate regularly to whisk away dead skin cells that can make skin look dull. Clarisonic is one of the best tools for exfoliating and deep cleaning for a soft, healthy, radiant complexion. Their latest device, The Clarisonic Mia Fit, is compact and travel-friendly. It fits in the palm of your hand and has two settings: a 60-second delicate cleanse and a 90-second power cleanse ($219, clarisonic.com). [Read more…]
There were some amazing beauty innovations and trends in 2016 that can help you look youthful and radiant in the new year. I shared my top picks this morning on Fox 2 News. Below is video of the interview and more info on what I recommended.
You use the device to apply your products for one minute in the morning and at night. In a clinical study, after three days of using the device with the Arbonne Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream, participants experienced improved appearance of fine lines around the eye, overall improved appearance of the eye area, skin that felt and looked smoother and more luminous, and a reduction in the appearance of dark circles. Genius Ultra comes in a set with Arbonne RE9 Advanced Intensive Renewal Serum and Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream ($241 for the set when you sign up for the Preferred Client Program at arbonne.com).
Skin Care Innovation: Jouvé Instant Tightening & Restoring Serum and Dark Spot Corrector & Brightening Cream. Ever wish you had a magic wand that worked like botox without the needles and botulism? Then check out Jouvé Serum and Cream. There are videos all over the internet with this duo, because the serum creates dramatic results within a few seconds. It’s like botox in a tube. It instantly tightens and lifts skin with naturally occurring minerals that remain on the surface of the skin and create a crystalline matrix that tightens and lifts skin so wrinkles and under-eye puffiness magically vanish.