Monthly and seasonal subscription boxes are all the rage. I’ve been researching them and discovered there are way more out there than I realized so today on Fox 2 News I talked about the best beauty and wellness subscriptions you probably don’t know about. Below are the video of my interview and more details on what I recommended.
You deserve the best on Valentine’s Day and every day. Whether you have a hot date on Valentine’s Day or a fun time planned for Galentine’s Day with your besties, today I talked about beauty treats you can gift yourself to look and feel amazing on Fox 2 News – because, beauty, you deserve to be lavished and pampered every day of the year! Here are the video and more details on everything I recommended.
Start with Beautiful Skin
Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Be sure to exfoliate regularly to whisk away dead skin cells that can make skin look dull. Clarisonic is one of the best tools for exfoliating and deep cleaning for a soft, healthy, radiant complexion. Their latest device, The Clarisonic Mia Fit, is compact and travel-friendly. It fits in the palm of your hand and has two settings: a 60-second delicate cleanse and a 90-second power cleanse ($219, clarisonic.com). [Read more…]
Christmas is less than two weeks away! Shipping deadlines for online purchases are approaching quickly so today I shared last-minute gift ideas you can pick up locally on Fox 2 News. Below are the interview on Fox and more details on everything I recommended.
KIND Soap Company is based in Webster Groves in St. Louis. Their products are formulated to be free of all the “bad” stuff in traditional skin care products. They only use the most natural, high-quality and benign ingredients with proven track records many of which are organic or wild harvested. They do not use any skin and eye irritants like sulfates, synthetic fragrances, phthalates or parabens.
KIND has some amazing all-natural items, including many holiday-themed gifts:
- Sugar Plums (sets of cherry almond, bourbon vanilla and chocolate orange solid sugar scrubs, $10)
- Merry & Bright Bath Salt & Milk Soak Duos (an uplifting bath salt and skin brightening bath soak)
- Seasonal soaps in scents like Frankincense & Myrrh, Spiced Rum and Lavender Pine
- Vanilla Buttercream Sugar Scrub and Chocolate Buttercream Body Frosting
- A new Snowberry scent made with black currant and vanilla available in an Artisan Soap, Lotion Bar, Foaming Bath Salts and Lip Balm
- And for guys, grab the new The Block Beer & Bacon Fat line with a Beard Balm ($16), Soap ($10) and Lip Balm ($6) – all made with bacon fat from the popular restaurant and butcher shop The Block – don’t worry the products don’t smell like bacon or beer
- And the uber popular classic Bulgarian Rose scent is now available in a Bath Tea and Linen & Body Spray
KIND Soap products are available at their headquarters in Webster Groves, at Whole Foods and Schnucks stores and at kindsoap.com.
Bee Naturals has wonderful natural skin care and makeup. Bee Naturals was started by a nurse who wanted to heal and protect her hands from chemicals like parabens found at the hospital. She began by developing Skin Creme Bars and went on to create a whole range of natural products for face, body and hair for adults and children.
Bee Naturals products are made in small batches with pure, natural, high-quality ingredients, including honey and bee pollen. Barbara Chappuis’ Bee Naturals line is available at her shops in Maplewood and Clarksville, MO, and at online at beenaturals.com.
Here are some of my top picks for holiday gifts:
- For dry hands and feet: Ultra-Rich Hand Creme ($13), Ultimate Foot Creme ($13), and Skin Creme Sticks and Bars ($10-$14)
- For an at-home spa experience: Aromatherapy Mineral Bath Salts ($13), Aromatherapy Foaming Foot Bath & Soak ($10), Ultra Rich Body Shampoo Bar ($9) and Luxury Creme Body Wash ($17-$33)
- For the softest skin from head to toe: Honey Sugar Scrub ($15) and Sweet Tease Body Souffle ($22)
- Bee Naturals also now offers custom makeup. You can take in your favorite color and get it matched; and they’re offering a Groupon so you can get a super good deal on this service now through January. You can get a lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, brow color or blush.
Looking for a gift for your husband, boyfriend or dad for the holidays? Today I shared some of my favorite grooming gifts for guys to help him look and feel his best on Fox 2 News. Below are video of the segment and more details on everything I recommended.
Clarisonic Alpha Fit Limited Edition Holiday Kit – He won’t have to steal your Clarisonic anymore; and he’ll have Clarisonic’s first device specifically engineered to clean men’s tougher skin. The patented sonic technology cleanses away oil, sweat and grime to reveal healthier skin that’s ready for a smoother, closer shave or for a more comfortable beard. The Alpha Fit fits in the palm of his hand and has two settings: one to prep skin for a closer, smoother shave and one to deep clean for a more comfortable beard or more cleansing post-workout ($273 value for $219, available at clarisonic.com)
Remington VERSO – Remington offers the versatile VERSO, an ergonomically designed groomer that fits perfectly in the palm of the hand. It has five attachments, including a rotary shaver, mustache and beard trimmer, facial cleansing brush, sensitive facial brush and pre-shave massage brush. It has a flex head so it follows the contours of your face. It also features a long-lasting lithium battery and is waterproof so it can be used wet or dry ($149.99, available exclusively on amazon.com)
- Art of Shaving Lexington Power Razor Gift Set – This gift set offers the 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave in the mid-size along with the Lexington Power Razor and two free Gillette Fusion razor heads and a free travel bag. The razor features New York-inspired design features bold chrome-plated accents and a black satin aluminum finish. It provides outstanding closeness and comfort with Flexball technology that pivots over the contours of the face and soothing micro-pulsations help to reduce friction and improve razor glide ($200, available at The Art of Shaving Stores and at theartofshaving.com).
- Art of Shaving Signal Red Morris Park Collection Razor – The Art of Shaving’s vintage racing-inspired Morris Park Collection Razor combines great style and smooth handling evocative of a vintage race car. It features five blades and a properly balanced and weighted handle to reduce pressure on skin while shaving. Comes in a classic racing color polished to a beautiful finish and accented with chrome details ($60, available in Signal Red, Royal Blue and British Racing Green at Art of Shaving stores and at theartofshaving.com)