Monthly and seasonal subscription boxes are all the rage. I’ve been researching them and discovered there are way more out there than I realized so today on Fox 2 News I talked about the best beauty and wellness subscriptions you probably don’t know about. Below are the video of my interview and more details on what I recommended.
You deserve the best on Valentine’s Day and every day. Whether you have a hot date on Valentine’s Day or a fun time planned for Galentine’s Day with your besties, today I talked about beauty treats you can gift yourself to look and feel amazing on Fox 2 News – because, beauty, you deserve to be lavished and pampered every day of the year! Here are the video and more details on everything I recommended.
Start with Beautiful Skin
Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Be sure to exfoliate regularly to whisk away dead skin cells that can make skin look dull. Clarisonic is one of the best tools for exfoliating and deep cleaning for a soft, healthy, radiant complexion. Their latest device, The Clarisonic Mia Fit, is compact and travel-friendly. It fits in the palm of your hand and has two settings: a 60-second delicate cleanse and a 90-second power cleanse ($219, clarisonic.com). [Read more…]
There were some amazing beauty innovations and trends in 2016 that can help you look youthful and radiant in the new year. I shared my top picks this morning on Fox 2 News. Below is video of the interview and more info on what I recommended.
You use the device to apply your products for one minute in the morning and at night. In a clinical study, after three days of using the device with the Arbonne Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream, participants experienced improved appearance of fine lines around the eye, overall improved appearance of the eye area, skin that felt and looked smoother and more luminous, and a reduction in the appearance of dark circles. Genius Ultra comes in a set with Arbonne RE9 Advanced Intensive Renewal Serum and Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream ($241 for the set when you sign up for the Preferred Client Program at arbonne.com).
Skin Care Innovation: Jouvé Instant Tightening & Restoring Serum and Dark Spot Corrector & Brightening Cream. Ever wish you had a magic wand that worked like botox without the needles and botulism? Then check out Jouvé Serum and Cream. There are videos all over the internet with this duo, because the serum creates dramatic results within a few seconds. It’s like botox in a tube. It instantly tightens and lifts skin with naturally occurring minerals that remain on the surface of the skin and create a crystalline matrix that tightens and lifts skin so wrinkles and under-eye puffiness magically vanish.
After all the holiday indulgences – eating all those things we normally don’t eat – and being super busy and getting less sleep than usual through the holiday season, I shared some tips for how to look and feel good into the new year today on Fox2 News.
Look Well-Rested and Radiant. First I recommended some easy cheats to look well-rested and radiant with makeup.
1. Choose makeup that doubles as skin care to keep skin looking and feeling supple despite the winter cold. I recommend:
- Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm – an innovative new product that seals in the benefits of the skincare you apply for ongoing hydration, hydrates the skin and primes skin for flawless makeup application ($36, josiemarancosmetics.com)
- Josie Maran Matchmaker Serum Foundation – this amazing foundation evens out skin and brightens the complexion, giving a dewy, luminescent glow that looks very natural. It’s also good for the skin, made with 100% pure argan oil to hydrate and balance skin ($42)
- Josie Maran Creamy Concealer – This ultra-hydrating concealer is infused with argan oil. It’s super blendable and erases dark undereye circles without caking or creasing($20)
2. Choose makeup that adds radiance. I recommend:
- Josie Maran Luminizer – It mimics the look of healthy skin. It also hydrates skin with argan oil. Mix it with any foundation or moisturizer to give skin a glow that looks lit from within ($26)
- Josie Maran Luminizing Powder Veil – Don’t dull your skin by topping it with matte powder. Opt for a light-reflecting powder that looks natural and gives you a lit-from-within glow like Powder Veil, a hydrating powder that won’t dry out skin or cake. It has micro-fine multi-color pearl to illuminate skin ($30)
Beauty From the Inside Out. Next I shared some tips to help you look beautiful from the inside out, because what we put in our bodies is reflected in our largest organ – our skin. [Read more…]
Christmas is less than two weeks away! Shipping deadlines for online purchases are approaching quickly so today I shared last-minute gift ideas you can pick up locally on Fox 2 News. Below are the interview on Fox and more details on everything I recommended.
KIND Soap Company is based in Webster Groves in St. Louis. Their products are formulated to be free of all the “bad” stuff in traditional skin care products. They only use the most natural, high-quality and benign ingredients with proven track records many of which are organic or wild harvested. They do not use any skin and eye irritants like sulfates, synthetic fragrances, phthalates or parabens.
KIND has some amazing all-natural items, including many holiday-themed gifts:
- Sugar Plums (sets of cherry almond, bourbon vanilla and chocolate orange solid sugar scrubs, $10)
- Merry & Bright Bath Salt & Milk Soak Duos (an uplifting bath salt and skin brightening bath soak)
- Seasonal soaps in scents like Frankincense & Myrrh, Spiced Rum and Lavender Pine
- Vanilla Buttercream Sugar Scrub and Chocolate Buttercream Body Frosting
- A new Snowberry scent made with black currant and vanilla available in an Artisan Soap, Lotion Bar, Foaming Bath Salts and Lip Balm
- And for guys, grab the new The Block Beer & Bacon Fat line with a Beard Balm ($16), Soap ($10) and Lip Balm ($6) – all made with bacon fat from the popular restaurant and butcher shop The Block – don’t worry the products don’t smell like bacon or beer
- And the uber popular classic Bulgarian Rose scent is now available in a Bath Tea and Linen & Body Spray
KIND Soap products are available at their headquarters in Webster Groves, at Whole Foods and Schnucks stores and at kindsoap.com.
Bee Naturals has wonderful natural skin care and makeup. Bee Naturals was started by a nurse who wanted to heal and protect her hands from chemicals like parabens found at the hospital. She began by developing Skin Creme Bars and went on to create a whole range of natural products for face, body and hair for adults and children.
Bee Naturals products are made in small batches with pure, natural, high-quality ingredients, including honey and bee pollen. Barbara Chappuis’ Bee Naturals line is available at her shops in Maplewood and Clarksville, MO, and at online at beenaturals.com.
Here are some of my top picks for holiday gifts:
- For dry hands and feet: Ultra-Rich Hand Creme ($13), Ultimate Foot Creme ($13), and Skin Creme Sticks and Bars ($10-$14)
- For an at-home spa experience: Aromatherapy Mineral Bath Salts ($13), Aromatherapy Foaming Foot Bath & Soak ($10), Ultra Rich Body Shampoo Bar ($9) and Luxury Creme Body Wash ($17-$33)
- For the softest skin from head to toe: Honey Sugar Scrub ($15) and Sweet Tease Body Souffle ($22)
- Bee Naturals also now offers custom makeup. You can take in your favorite color and get it matched; and they’re offering a Groupon so you can get a super good deal on this service now through January. You can get a lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, brow color or blush.