Mother’s Day is coming up this weekend so today I shared some gift ideas to make mom’s life easier, more fun and beautiful on Fox 2 News (click here to see the video). Below are more details on what I shared.
Beautiful and Practical. Moms are always toting around everything for the family so get her a gorgeous tote so she can take care of the family in style. Vessel bags are handcrafted with high quality materials and are as beautiful as they are functional. The Signature Tote is a beauty in a sturdy, shimmering microfiber with four pockets on the inside and two on the outside, and a magnetic closure to keep contents secure ($175, available at vesselbags.com).
Your purchase will also make a difference in the life of a child. With every bag purchased, Vessel gives a school backpack to a child in need. Since Buy a Bag, Give a Bag was implemented, Vessel customers have helped provide more than 13,000 backpack.
Add Ease. Moms are also often the family photographers. Make her life easier and help her to not run out of memory on her phone with all the photos she takes and not lose any of her precious photos with a PictureKeeper Connect. She can connect it to her phone and instantly download her photos and videos. She can also store her photos on the drive to make for more room on her phone. There’s also a PictureKeeperPro for a simple, easy way to automatically backup photos, videos, music and documents on her computer too (starting at $120, available at picturekeeper.com). And be sure to get her a sturdy Keeper Case ($13) so she doesn’t lose or damage her Picture Keeper.
Help Her Age Gracefully. You can also help your mom look her best in family photos. I know my mom is all about a solid skin care routine to maintain a youthful glow. Lots of skin care companies say they’re great and yet Jan Marini products give solid results. The award-winning Jan Marini Skin Care Management System has been voted “The Best Skin Care System” seven years in a row in the NewBeauty Magazine Annual Beauty Choice Awards. This system does it all: improves the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, uneven texture and sun damage with a combination of vitamin C, peptides, growth factors, AHA and BHA exfoliators, hydrators and sunscreen ($190 for the starter set, $300 for the standard size, available at janmarini.com).
Also throw in a tube of Marini Luminate Hand Cream. Hands really show a woman’s age; and this cream turns back the hands of time. In physician-assessed test results, 100% of users experienced improvement in the texture and fine lines and wrinkles. 96% of subjects experienced improvement in pigmentation (a.k.a. age spots, $135 at janmarini.com).
Help Her Unwind. It’s always great if you give a gift that helps mom de-stress and relax. Pampered Chef has lots of great options to help moms unwind with wine and cheese:
- Ash Wood and Slate Cheese Serving Set – This is a gorgeous must-have for any foodie or entertainer. It includes the highly durable, rustic Ash Wood Serving Board, a coordinating natural Slate Serving Board, Ash Wood Serving Set, and Ash Wood & Chalkboard Tags ($59, available through a local cooking consultant or at pamperedchef.com).
- Wine Chiller – Keep wine, alcohol, coffee creamer, soda, or sparkling water cool in the Wine Chiller. It’s made with a specially formulated clay lining chills wine to keep it at serving temperature for up to 2 hours. Drip tray keeps tables and countertops dry and mess-free ($35, pamperedchef.com)
- Wine Glass Markers make it easy to keep drinks from getting mixed up. These write on glass, glazed stoneware and ceramics and more. This set includes four markers in green, silver, gold and blue ($9, pamperedchef.com).
- Try Playster for free for 30 days and instantly experience all the features
- You can also choose a single type of media for as little as $3.95/month.
- If she loves audiobooks, she can listen for as long as she wants with no credits or limits.
- Or combine your books, music, movies and games together to save money. A monthly subscription costs $24.95 and includes unlimited access to movies, TV shows, music, books, audiobooks, comic books and games.
- Family plans are $37.50 and allow up to five different devices to stream every type of content at the same time.
- Anyone who signs up for 12 months of service will immediately receive a free Playster Combo Box with a custom Android tablet (with complete Internet and other capabilities of any standard tablet) and HD headphones.
Do Tell. What do you have planned for Mother’s Day? Comment below. I’d love to know what you’re up to!