There were some amazing beauty innovations and trends in 2016 that can help you look youthful and radiant in the new year. I shared my top picks this morning on Fox 2 News. Below is video of the interview and more info on what I recommended.
You use the device to apply your products for one minute in the morning and at night. In a clinical study, after three days of using the device with the Arbonne Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream, participants experienced improved appearance of fine lines around the eye, overall improved appearance of the eye area, skin that felt and looked smoother and more luminous, and a reduction in the appearance of dark circles. Genius Ultra comes in a set with Arbonne RE9 Advanced Intensive Renewal Serum and Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream ($241 for the set when you sign up for the Preferred Client Program at arbonne.com).
Skin Care Innovation: Jouvé Instant Tightening & Restoring Serum and Dark Spot Corrector & Brightening Cream. Ever wish you had a magic wand that worked like botox without the needles and botulism? Then check out Jouvé Serum and Cream. There are videos all over the internet with this duo, because the serum creates dramatic results within a few seconds. It’s like botox in a tube. It instantly tightens and lifts skin with naturally occurring minerals that remain on the surface of the skin and create a crystalline matrix that tightens and lifts skin so wrinkles and under-eye puffiness magically vanish.
You follow the serum with the cream, which includes brightening agents and botanicals to reduce the appearance of dark spots, moisturizes and protects from the elements with a light, silky texture to yield magical results (the set is $202, www.jouvestore.com).
Skin Care Innovation: Aveda Tulasara Natural Skin Care. Aveda revived the ancient Indian ritual of dry brushing and added a new twist. While dry brushing is traditionally just done on the body, Aveda introduced a super soft innovative brush to allow gentle dry brushing on the face. The new Tulasara Radiant Facial Dry Brush ($44, aveda.com) exfoliates and lifts away dull, dry skin cells to reveal smoother skin, which allows skin care products to penetrate and work better.
Massaging skin with Tulasara Radiant Oleation Oil ($49) after brushing boosts circulation to make skin healthier and more radiant as it nourishes skin with a blend of certified organic sesame, sunflower and jojoba seed oils, combined with rose hip, apricot kernel and sweet almond oils.
The Tulasara Collection also includes three skin treatment serums. Tulasara means “moving toward balance” in Sanskrit.
- Firm Concentrate ($59) is a blend of ayurvedic plant extracts, including almond seed and sigesbeckia helps to instantly tighten the feel of skin and firm the look of skin over time. pure-fume™ aroma from certified organic patchouli, vetiver, ylang ylang and other pure flower and plant essences.
- Bright Concentrate ($59) restores radiance, evens out skin tone and reduces discoloration over time in this 98% naturally derived treatment serum with licorice root extract, a traditional Ayurvedic ingredient that helps reduce the appearance of discoloration to provide a more even looking skin tone. pure-fume™ aroma from certified organic spike lavender, helichrysum, ambrette seed and other pure flower and plant essences.
- Calm Concentrate ($59) instantly soothes skin and make it more resilient over time with a 97% naturally derived treatment serum. An algae extract helps reduce the look of redness and irritation over time, while pomegranate fruit extracts known in ayurvedic tradition for its soothing properties, helps calm the look of skin. Contains more than one-hundred thousand red raspberry plant stem cells known for their restorative powers. pure-fume™ aroma from certified organic roman chamomile, clary sage, neroli and other pure flower and plant essences.
Top Trend: Skin Care Oils. Skin care oils are an age-old beauty secret. Somewhere along the way, natural oils were replaced with pore-clogging synthetic oils and mineral oils from petroleum (most likely because they could be mass produced at low cost). Nurturing, natural, organic oils are making a comeback now and became especially popular in 2016. They’re so beneficial to skin – protecting skin from the elements, healing it from past damage and reducing the signs of aging, because they’re chock full of essential fatty acids, powerful antioxidants and vitamins. Here are some I recommend:
Born makes 100% organic, pure, non-toxic, cruelty-free oils without any perfumes, parabens or phthalates. They’re made with cold-pressed, minimally processed oil from precious, rare Muscadine grape seeds. Grape seed oil is 50 times more powerful than vitamin E alone. Born Glow Facial Serum is formulated to penetrate into the deepest layers of the skin and repairs the appearance of past damage caused by environmental pollutants, daily stresses and sun damage with the highest concentration of organic grape seed oil combined with aloe ($90, bornskincare.com). The Source Collection includes oils for every skin type:
- The Source for Skin is made with 100% cabernet oil to rejuvenate tired, dull skin ($45).
- The Source for Sensitive Skin includes 100% Muscadine oil to reduce the signs of aging and deeply hydrate skin $45).
- The Source for Muscles includes organic Muscadine oil blended with eucalyptus for muscle aches and pains and natural anti-inflammatory benefits ($35).
- The Source for Mothers includes a rare blend of Muscadine, coconut and baobob oils to soothe itchy skin and prevent stretch marks. Post-pregnancy it will heal and lighten existing stretch marks and is gentle enough to be used on a child’s chapped skin, scrapes and scars ($35).
- The Source for Men includes cabernet, jojoba and castor oil with organic bay essential oil to moisturize and soothe after shaves. It can also be used to maintain a healthy beard ($35).
- For the face, choose Nutrient Dense Fine Facial Oil ($58, farmaesthetics.com) – a combination of nine organic beauty oils, including evening primrose, sweet cherry, carrot seed, borage seed, arnica and calendula-infused sunflower oil, natural vitamin E and orange blossom essential oil.
- For the body, indulge in Midnight Honey Bath & Beauty Oil ($40) – a deeply conditioning beauty oil to treat dry patches and can be used for full body massage, because it has great “slip.” Has a heavenly natural scent of honey. Made with a mix of sweet soy oil, honey absolute and vitamin E.
- For stressed out skin and mind, treat yourself to some Lemon Balm Remedy Oil ($26), a specialized formulation of almond oil infused by hand with whole, organically grown herbs for high potency healing. Lemon balm is cooling and calming to both one’s skin and temperament. Use it as a massage or bath oil to ease exhaustion and insomnia. Supercharge any lotion by adding a tablespoon of this oil.