Many people are busier than ever with summer pretty much over and school back in session. While it’s important to take action, one of the most important and surprisingly productive things you can do is to give yourself a break and unwind.
When we take regular breaks and get present:
- it’s easier to think more clearly
- life flows more smoothly – everything from our work, finances, health and relationships – so we can be more prosperous in all areas of our lives
- we feel happier and more peaceful
- we can be more effective and make smarter decisions in all that we do
- we recharge and restore ourselves so we have more energy
- we save time, money and heartache
If we’re constantly grinding away, we tend to become less effective, more prone to make time-wasting mistakes, and more prone to get emotional and do things we may later regret (ever snap at someone when you’re stressed out and have to go back to do damage control?).
Mindfulness and Presence. Being mindful and present is a powerful place to be, yielding beautiful results in life. Paying attention to our senses, what we see/smell/taste/touch/hear is an easy way to help us be present–out of dwelling on the past, which creates sadness and depression, and out of worrying about the future, which creates anxiety.
Even just a two-minute timeout of just focusing on your breath or getting away from your desk and walking around or getting out in nature for a few minutes can make a big difference. Longer breaks and taking time out for a ritual like a quiet bath or using rich, beautifully scented beauty products can be enormously helpful too.
Today I shared some recommendations for a restorative, recharging bath and mindfulness-inducing bath & beauty products on Fox 2 News in St. Louis with healthy, natural, cruelty-free local beauty products and details about my Path to Peace & Prosperity Mini-Retreat happening this week. Below is the segment from Fox 2 and more info about what I recommended and my event.
Products are made in small batches with pure, natural, high-quality ingredients, including honey and bee pollen. Barbara Chappuis’ Bee Naturals line is available at her shops in Maplewood and Clarksville, MO, and at online at beenaturals.com.
Some of my top picks:
- Sweet Tease Body Souffles (available in Dulce Leche, Lavender, Fig, Sweet Flowers and Dark Chocolate, $22)
- Glow Body Butter ($17)
- Ultra-Rich Hand and Foot Creams ($13)
- Honey and Citrus Splash Sugar Scrubs ($15)
- Foaming Bath & Foot Soak ($10)
I also recommended soy candles and melts, and soaps from The Sudsy Soapery, which strives to use only wholesome, natural ingredients of the highest quality. Their motto is NATURAL. QUALITY. UNCOMPROMISED.
This company is run by husband and wife team Jonathan & Kaycie Cook. You can find them at the Soulard Farmer’s Market, their pop-up shop in downtown Belleville, IL, and online at sudsysoapery.com.
Some of my top picks:
- Delightfully aromatic and pretty Soap-By-the-Ounce like the Pumpkin Poppy, Honey Almond, Activated Charcoal and Tomato Facial Soap, and Patchouli and Peppermint with Goat’s Milk ($1.30-$3)
- Soy Candles and Melts in Vanilla & Almond, Litsea & Lemongrass, Lavender & Spearmint ($3-$13)
I will also be holding a Path to Peace & Prosperity Mini-Retreat this Wednesday in Chesterfield, MO, bringing together spirit and science to help you experience more peace, clarity and prosperity in your business, finances, health and relationships. Click here for more info and to register.