Monthly and seasonal subscription boxes are all the rage. I’ve been researching them and discovered there are way more out there than I realized so today on Fox 2 News I talked about the best beauty and wellness subscriptions you probably don’t know about. Below are the video of my interview and more details on what I recommended.
Spring break is coming up for many schools. Lots of folks will be traveling for spring vacation so today I shared some tips and must-haves for spring travel. Below are details on what I shared.
Travel-Friendly Beauty Products. Get organized with a makeup planner, multi-tasking makeup and brushes that are ready for travel.
Trish McEvoy The Makeup of a Confident Woman Makeup Planner – A huge collection of 12-full size makeup items and a travel-size fragrance in a surprisingly compact planner plus four deluxe travel sizes of essential skin care from internationally renowned makeup artist Trish McEvoy ($250, trishmcevoy.com). The collection includes:
- A black quilted Trish Makeup Planner with a limited edition “confident” zipper pull
- Eye Base Essentials Bare (upper-eye brightener and shadow primer)
- Intense Gel Eye Liner Deep Aubergine (waterproof gel liner in pencil form)
- 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner Rose Quartz (luminous lasting cream-to-powder pen)
- Eye Shadow Light Ginger (silky, medium-toned crease contouring shade)
- Eye Definer Blackberry Granite (richly pigmented powder eye liner)
- High Volume Mascara (smear-proofer that removes with warm water)
- Instant Eye Lift® (the “Triangle of Light®” treatment under-eye brightener and line filler)
- Light & Lift Face Color Duo (next-generation warming and highlighting textures for contouring a lit-from-within face)
- Blush Pink Glow (silky pinky-peach radiance for a warm glow), Translucent Finishing Powder (colorless blurring and setting powder)
- Lip Perfector Conditioning Balm (moisturizing line filler and self-adjusting pink tint)
- Ultra-Wear Lip Gloss Berry (hydrating, luminous, stay-in-place gloss)
- purse-size No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Eau de Parfum and deluxe travel sizes of Gentle Cleansing Wash (vitamin-enriched eye and face cleanser)
- Beta Hydroxy Pads Daily Exfoliator (3 single-use pads that dissolve dead cells to improve skin’s radiance, texture and treatment absorption)
- Beauty Booster® Oil (the #OilForAll that instantly delivers a radiant look and the feel of young skin)
- Beauty Booster® Cream SPF 30 (radiance-restoring enriched moisturizer, primer and sunscreen)
- and a pencil sharpener
Spring is just around the corner and new spring beauty products are available now! Today I shared my top picks for what’s new in beauty for Spring 2017 on Fox 2 News. Click here to see the video. And read on below to see more details on what I recommended today.
Good Skin. One of the coolest introductions for spring that will help you get a stunning skin is the new Clarisonic Smart Profile Uplift ($349, includes: Clarisonic Smart Profile Device, Firming Massage Head, Revitalizing Cleanse Brush Head, Turbo Massage Body Brush Head, 1 oz Refreshing Gel Facial Cleanser, USB Charger and Wall Plug; available at clarisonic.com).
More than a decade ago, Clarisonic invented the sonic cleansing category with its device that has become a beauty must-have. Now Clarisonic introduces a unique, patented, non-invasive sonic frequency that firms skin. It has Clarisonic’s smart microchip technology embedded in the smart brush heads, enabling the device to automatically operate at the optimal cleansing or firming frequency. It targets 15 signs of aging, including firmness, sagging, wrinkles, fine lines and radiance.
It works in three steps:
- Step 1: Cleanse (one minute) with the new Revitalizing Cleanse Brush Head that gently cleanses and removes makeup and dirt six times better than hands alone.
- Step 2: Firm (three minutes) with the Firming Massage Head and your favorite anti-aging creams, serums and oils. It produces 27,000 micro-firming massages in three minutes and is patented to work with Clarisonic’s firming frequency to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and boost absorption of skin care products. Testing found using this with skin care is up to twice as effective than using skin care alone. Skin felt firmer and more moisturized. Elasticity was improved. Face and neck appeared lifted and contours more defined based on 12 weeks of use.
- Step 3: Body (three minutes) with the Turbo Massage Body Brush Head that’s perfect for smoothing extra dry, dull skin on elbows, knees and feet. It’s also ideal to prep skin for self-tanner.
Clarins Spring 2017 Colour Collection
Inspired by skincare, under the color in this collection lies natural plant extracts to care for your skin. The collection includes:
4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette and Ombre Iridescente: Six shades of gray for Spring 2017 with new shades 08 Silver White and 10 Silver Grey in Clarins long-wear, easy-to-blend, creme-to-powder Ombré Iridescente shadows ($25 each) and the new 05 Smoky Palette 4 Couleurs – a smoothing, long-lasting, wet & dry shadow palette with four satin, matte and iridescent shadows ($43 at Clarins counters nationwide and on www.clarins.com).
Joli Rouge Brillant: Joli Rouge Brilliant is one of my favorite lipsticks in the whole world so I’m thrilled they have new shades in their Spring 2017 Collection. These are so creamy, silky smooth and moisturizing with mango oil and organic marsh samphire extract. The color is sheer and pearlescent with a beautiful, subtle shine. 31 Tender Nude is my favorite. For a more vivid Lip, go with the new 32 Pink Cranberry or 33 Soft Plum ($28 each).
Face Contouring Palette: Contour, sculpt and highlight your face with the new Clarins Palette Contour Visage in the Spring 2017 Collection. It comes with a great beveled brush that hugs the contours of the face making it super easy to contour the face. This palette includes a highlighter, contouring powder and blush to accentuate cheekbones. I like that the colors are matte so they look really natural — not super shimmery. The powders are long-lasting and formulated with organic almond oil and Clarins anti-pollution complex to protect skin ($42). [Read more…]
Christmas is less than two weeks away! Shipping deadlines for online purchases are approaching quickly so today I shared last-minute gift ideas you can pick up locally on Fox 2 News. Below are the interview on Fox and more details on everything I recommended.
KIND Soap Company is based in Webster Groves in St. Louis. Their products are formulated to be free of all the “bad” stuff in traditional skin care products. They only use the most natural, high-quality and benign ingredients with proven track records many of which are organic or wild harvested. They do not use any skin and eye irritants like sulfates, synthetic fragrances, phthalates or parabens.
KIND has some amazing all-natural items, including many holiday-themed gifts:
- Sugar Plums (sets of cherry almond, bourbon vanilla and chocolate orange solid sugar scrubs, $10)
- Merry & Bright Bath Salt & Milk Soak Duos (an uplifting bath salt and skin brightening bath soak)
- Seasonal soaps in scents like Frankincense & Myrrh, Spiced Rum and Lavender Pine
- Vanilla Buttercream Sugar Scrub and Chocolate Buttercream Body Frosting
- A new Snowberry scent made with black currant and vanilla available in an Artisan Soap, Lotion Bar, Foaming Bath Salts and Lip Balm
- And for guys, grab the new The Block Beer & Bacon Fat line with a Beard Balm ($16), Soap ($10) and Lip Balm ($6) – all made with bacon fat from the popular restaurant and butcher shop The Block – don’t worry the products don’t smell like bacon or beer
- And the uber popular classic Bulgarian Rose scent is now available in a Bath Tea and Linen & Body Spray
KIND Soap products are available at their headquarters in Webster Groves, at Whole Foods and Schnucks stores and at kindsoap.com.
Bee Naturals has wonderful natural skin care and makeup. Bee Naturals was started by a nurse who wanted to heal and protect her hands from chemicals like parabens found at the hospital. She began by developing Skin Creme Bars and went on to create a whole range of natural products for face, body and hair for adults and children.
Bee Naturals products are made in small batches with pure, natural, high-quality ingredients, including honey and bee pollen. Barbara Chappuis’ Bee Naturals line is available at her shops in Maplewood and Clarksville, MO, and at online at beenaturals.com.
Here are some of my top picks for holiday gifts:
- For dry hands and feet: Ultra-Rich Hand Creme ($13), Ultimate Foot Creme ($13), and Skin Creme Sticks and Bars ($10-$14)
- For an at-home spa experience: Aromatherapy Mineral Bath Salts ($13), Aromatherapy Foaming Foot Bath & Soak ($10), Ultra Rich Body Shampoo Bar ($9) and Luxury Creme Body Wash ($17-$33)
- For the softest skin from head to toe: Honey Sugar Scrub ($15) and Sweet Tease Body Souffle ($22)
- Bee Naturals also now offers custom makeup. You can take in your favorite color and get it matched; and they’re offering a Groupon so you can get a super good deal on this service now through January. You can get a lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, brow color or blush.
Have a loved one who adores makeup and beauty products? Here are all the details on top gift ideas for beauty buffs that I shared on Fox 2 News in St. Louis. Below is video of the segment and more details on everything I recommended today.
Clarisonic Mia Fit Holiday Collection for Her
- One of the most coveted of skin care tools around
- New compact, travel-friendly design that fits comfortably in the palm of the hand
- Portable for holiday trips and in a gym bag
- Includes the Mia FIT device, full-size Sonic Radiance Skin Illuminating Cleanser and two Sonic Radiance Brush Heads ($219, available at clarisonic.com)
Honest Beauty Travel Kit
- Includes five essential products in a chic bag
- Includes a full-sized Magic Balm and four deluxe travel-size skin care products to cleanse, hydrate and protect
- High-performance formulas without questionable or potentially harmful ingredients
- Made without parabens, phthalates, gluten, silicone, petrolatum, synethetic fragrance or dyes ($25, available at honestbeauty.com and ulta.com)