Summer is in full swing now and July 4th weekend is coming up! I talked about some health and beauty essentials for a fun summer today on Fox 2 News. Below are the video from my interview today and more details on what I recommended.
Attract humans. Not bugs. Keep bugs away with natural, DEET-free bug repellent. A personal favorite is:
- Certified organic Intelligent Nutrients Smart Armor Perfume Spray ($31.50, intelligentnutrients.com).
- It smells great. It’s a far cry from the usual citronella sprays. It’s a yummy blend of warm, woodsy notes of cedar and clove along with fragrant top notes of refreshing peppermint, herbaceous lemongrass and flowery geranium harmonized with rosemary and citronella.
- It really works. Everyone in my group – male and female – used this at a recent Shakespeare in the Park and loved the way it smelled and how well it kept away the bugs.
Laugh at Humidity. Repel Frizz. Here in the Midwest, we are up against some major humidity, which can lead to major frizzy hair – unless you use the right products:
- Intelligent Nutrients Pure Luxe Treat & Protect Regimen (a shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner) really does a number on frizz ($87.55 for all three [$103 value]).
- It makes hair shinier, stronger, easier to comb and reduces frizz (based on lab and clinical studies in a 75% humidity chamber for four hours). I noticed a big difference after just one use.
- The products are made with plant actives, free of parabens, harsh sulfates, quats and chatoinics, silicones, and synthetic fragrance.
- Delightful new formula features notes of bergamot, geranium, lavender and orange.